Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Tone It Down 2016 QAL

In the February 2014 Issue of American Patchwork & Quilting, Designer Lissa Alexander (modalissa) released her pattern, Tone It Down, for the first APQ Quilt Along. It was an instant and HUGE success. At the time, I knew it was a little advanced for my beginner skills, but it remained on my To-Do list for two years.... And now, it's time!

My first inspiration came from Bonnie (Bonnie and Camille). Her Tone It Down, to this day, is still one of my favorites!




I love how every Tone It Down is so different from the next. @quiltcrazy created this gorgeous one from Hello Darling! 


 When it came time to create Quilt Goals for 2016, I knew that this one was at the top! And is there anything better than sewing along with your friends? I don't think so. The #toneitdown2016qal was created!


Fabric pulling is one of my favorite parts. I have been hoarding a F8th bundle of Marmalade for some time, and it was just begging to be used for this! After I took the ribbon off (gasp!), and my heart rate slowed, it was time to make some test blocks!

These blocks are really addicting. A test block turned into 3! And I literally had to turn off my machine and walk away!

I'm excited for everyone who is joining us! I created a flexible time table for those of us(me) who sometimes get distracted.  It's not the end all be all of schedules, so if you are ahead or behind, no worries!

And within the last few minutes, seriously, I also found out that Lissa (you know, the DESIGNER) has offered up a prize to be given away!!! She's so generous, and just as thrilled as I am that so many are sewing this up! 

Remember to use the #toneitdown2016qal hashtag so that we can see all your hard work!


2 comments:

  1. Where do you get the pattern from to join in on the fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cindy! We would love to have you join us! I got the pattern from allpeoplequilt.com - It's in the February 2014 issue. Can't wait to see yours!

      Delete