Thursday, January 14, 2016

My Word for 2016

I remember choosing my word for 2014. Intentional. We had just moved to Brasil. I had a 6 month old and a 2.5 year old, and I felt overwhelmed. Like I was just going through the motions of life, and my only job was to stay afloat and keep the kids alive. Intentional seemed like a good choice. 

This year is different. We are two years in to our rotation in Brasil, and I finally feel like I have a pretty firm grasp on things, like I could begin to branch out in a lot of different areas! My word for this year is GROW. 

Seasons of life are different and the season I'm in right now is providing me a lot of room to become more and do more. My number one for this year is to grow in my walk with God. He and I have been in a pretty good place for awhile - but I need more, and I know that he wants me to need Him more, so I'm choosing to grow into Him. I know that this is the foundation for everything I need, and it will only help me to grow more as a mom and a wife. I'm not seeking perfection by any means, but a place where I know that I can be who I need to be. 




The Linen Fox: For two years, I have been waiting. And waiting. And finally, the idea that I could open my own online store...and then brick and mortar is becoming more of a reality. I want to GROW my business, and in turn, grow my love (is that even possible?) of fabric. I love making quilts, and that will never stop, but I feel like it's time to take this gift and do more with it!

I also want to challenge my technique and skills. I would classify myself as an intermediate quilter. I know there is so much more out there, but also just bringing more to what I already have! I love that our quilting community are such encouragers. It definitely makes me want to be better!


And lastly, and a little nervously - I signed on to this. I've been using the products for 7 months, and I love them. Bottom line. I love my skin more. I'm taking care of my skin, and maybe even growing up a little and learning that this body, this one body, has to be taken care of. Healthy eating, exercise, skin care - all a part of deciding to actively participate, rather than sit back and just let things happen.


If you guys are interested in finding out more about Rodan + Fields, (This link will take you to our Solutions Tool) I'm happy to send you info! I'm also happy to FaceTime you as well, if you want to talk "Face to Face." I also promise to bombard my Linen Fox IG, Hardly ever even.

2016 is going to be a great year!! I've got lots of room to Grow! What is your word? And how do you keep it in the forefront as you progress through the year!




No comments:

Post a Comment